Trade Show and Event Tips
Trade Show exhibiting is all about marketing your products or services at expositions, conferences, and trade shows. However, if you are new to exhibit or event marketing, you will be faced with more questions than answers: What size booth do I need? How much should I budget for show expenses? What the heck is freight drayage?
The following articles explore a wide range of trade show topics, such as Exhibit Marketing, Flooring Choices, and Booth Etiquette. Want to know more? Give us a call or send us an email. Whether you are a trade show novice or a trade show warrior, we look forward to turning your next event -- into an EVENT!
- 40 Things You Do @ Trade Shows You Would Never Do Anywhere Else
- Dumb Stuff People Do at Trade Shows
- Why Every Trade Show is Like a First Date
- 10 Quick Tips for the Trade Show Newbie
- What Not to Wear (at a Trade Show)
- Identifying Your Trade Show Kryptonite
- What Zombies Can Teach Us About Trade Show Marketing
- What's the Expiration Date of Your Trade Show Display?
- If Puppies Ran Tradeshows and Events
- If Kittens Ran Tradeshows and Events
- Should You Attend or Not Attend? Three Reasons
- ABC's of Trade Show and Exhibit Marketing
- What You Should Know as an Exhibit Buyer
- 10 Common Trade Show Myths
- 13 Common Trade Show Mistakes
- Most Marketers Suck at Trade Shows. Here's Why.
- Trade Shows, Banner Stands, and Potato Chips
- When Trade Shows Don't Make Sense
- Tips for a Successful Exhibit Installation & Dismantle
- 4 Basic Trade Show Marketing Tips
- 7 Questions You'll Never Ask About Your Trade Show Display
Become an Exhibit Marketing Expert
- 7 Tips to Working with an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC)
- Be Honest. Do You Believe in Trade Shows?
- The 5 Evils of Trade Show Marketing
- 10 Easy Ways to Shine at Your Next Trade Show
- Why Uncomfortable Tradeshow Marketing Works
- What's the Real Cost of Your Exhibit and Trade Show?
- Building a Better Booth: Design and Planning
- Branding and Corporate Identity: Trade Show Marketing 101
- How to Use Trade Show Promotional Incentives
- Press Kits, Press Releases, and Trade Shows: Maximizing Your Exposure
- Conducting Product Demos at Trade Shows
- Using Surveys at Trade Shows
Displays and Exhibits
- The Beauty of Smaller Trade Show Displays
- Inline Trade Show Display Tips
- 10 Things to Consider Before Buying a Portable Hybrid Display
- Pop Up Display Secrets -- Direct from the Source
- Understanding Hybrid Exhibits
- Sacagawea vs. Magellan vs. Perfect 10 vs. Visionary Designs
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options Make it Easy to Be Green
Design, Lighting, and Graphics Tips
- Considering a Lightbox? 8 Factors to Consider
- 10 Do's and Don'ts of Trade Show Graphics
- Trade Show Exhibit Design + Marketing Tips
- 7 Common Graphic Design Errors (Q&A)
- Selecting a Trade Show Exhibit Designer
- Trade Show Graphics that Sparkle and Shine
- Exhibit Signage that Speaks to Your Customers
- What You Should Know about Graphic Design
- The Importance of Color -- Here's Looking at Hue
- Lighting for Trade Show Exhibits
- Setting the Mood with Color at Your Next Trade Show
- Graphic Industry Terms Defined
- Partnering With Your Display Designer
Fine-Tune Your Trade Show Knowledge
- How to Cut Your Tradeshow Costs -- Part 1
- How to Cut Your Tradeshow Costs -- Part 2
- How to Cut Your Tradeshow Costs -- Part 3
- Before the Trade Show Opens. After The Show Closes.
- 30 Trade Show Exhibit Conspiracies
- A Practical Guide to Onsite Trade Show Services
- 10 Tips for a Successful Installation and Dismantle
- Trade Show Security Issues: Corporate Cloak and Dagger
- Emergency Trade Show Booth Supplies
- Speaking with Prospective Customers
- Mastering Trade Show Booth Selection
- Trade Show Lead Management Tips
- The Importance of Pedestals, Workstations, and Counters
- The Truth about Trade Show Rentals
- Top 10 Trade Show Rental Designs (2015)
- Top 5 Fallacies of Rental Exhibits
- Making the BIG Rental Exhibit Decision
- Should You Rent or Buy Your Trade Show Display
- Five Reasons NOT to Rent a Display
- Exhibits: Rental vs. Purchase; What's Right for You?
- Now That You've Decided to Rent Your Trade Show Exhibit
Trade Show Training
Add designs and photos to your personal gallery simply by clicking on the +My Gallery links
Then email your "My Gallery" to colleagues, friends, or your favorite exhibit designer. There's no better way to begin designing a display that reflects your exhibit marketing goals.
Note: My Gallery uses a temporary browser cookie to store your gallery. We recommend that you send your gallery to your email address if you need to retain it for longer than 30 days.
- Production lead times are based on business days and DO NOT include any shipping days.
- Production-ready artwork (when applicable) must accompany the order confirmation. Delays in uploading artwork may lead to expedited charges or shipping changes.
- No order will be released to Production without a signed order confirmation.
- Shipping is based on the availability of materials and graphics. Additional charges may apply if materials or graphics must be expedited.
- Shorter lead times may be available based on schedule openings in Customer Service and Production. Rush charges may apply.
- Standard lead times do not apply to orders of multiple quantities.
- Please check for product availability on ALL RENTAL exhibits.
- Dimensional Weight vs. Actual Weight: Dimensional weight is defined as crate or case size. On most air shipments, the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight
- Portable Cases vs. Wood Crates or Molded Tubs (where applicable): Exhibit designs that require one wood crate would require multiple portable cases. Selecting one vs. the other affects the total weight (dimensional or actual).
- Freight Carrier: LTL carriers (Less than Truckload) quote freight based on space used. UPS, FedEx, and air freight carriers quote freight based on either the dimensional or the actual weight of the shipment.
- Freight Service Level (number of days): Service levels range from Same Day Delivery to Two Week Delivery.
- Inline vs. Island Displays
- Lead Retrieval Devices
- Computer and Monitor Cables
- Demo Equipment
- Overhead Lighting
- Grommets and Grommet Placement in Counters
- Overhead vs. Floor Power Supply
- Flooring and Electrical Wiring
- Options for Hiding Cords and Cables
- Flat vs. Round Electrical Cords
- Multi-Plug Outlets and Extension Cords